Sudan.Net Discussion Board - SDB  - منتدى سودان.نت

Sudan.Net Discussion Board - SDB - منتدى سودان.نت (http://www.sudanforum.net/index.php)
-   Feedback and Complaints - الملاحظات و الشكاوى (http://www.sudanforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sudan.net and Sudanforum operations sale (http://www.sudanforum.net/showthread.php?t=218228)

muaz 11-Oct-16 02:50

Sudan.net and Sudanforum operations sale

After 20 years of operation, Sudan.Net is shutting down its door, while I negotiate a sale price for the domain Sudan.Net and the domain and operations of Sudanforum.net hoping I can get a dedicated party to take charge and maintain the daily operations and running of these sites in a more efficient manner.

Webmaster/Owner
Sudan.Net / Sudanforum.net

kasammber 11-Oct-16 06:40

:roll::roll::roll::roll:
يعني نشيل عفشنا؟
:tears:

Hatim Hwary 11-Oct-16 07:52

Thank you very much dear Muaz for providing us a chance to be a members on this site for all these years.
I wish you a successful & prosperous deal.

I only worried about our contributions records & archives.

Is it save?

or it will depend on new owner decision?

with all the best regards

رومنسيه بعطور فرنسيه 11-Oct-16 13:29

We wish you good luck for Syed Maaz

kaonaro 11-Oct-16 19:46

Of course Muaz it is your right and you are absolutely free to do with the site as you see fit. We are indeed thankful to you for giving us this space for free for all this time. For me personally, I became acquainted with the SDB in 1997 and joined it in 2000. Since then it has always been a very interesting, instructive, funny and amusing place that I visited almost daily. It helped me know a lot of interesting people, learn a lot of facts and enjoy a lot of what people shared in it. I will personally miss it greatly.

I have one question though, what is to become of the forum's archives? All the threads and posts that are there now, I hope you will make them available to us somehow. If that is not possible for any reason, could you please give us some time to copy and back-up the posts that we need to save? Some sort of notice to "pack our stuff and leave". :lool:

Sultan 11-Oct-16 20:17

Muaz,

Too bad, but I can’t exactly feign surprise. The website (forum included) has suffered from persistent underinvestment, which disincentivized participation particularly the issue of searchable/recoverable archive and governance. When you add the emergence of more personal and interactive media you could see the perfect storm on the horizon.

Many thanks for providing the service for as long as you did.

Be kind enough and let us know who is actually going to buy you out just in case that poses a hazard to some members here!

Unconscious Lady 12-Oct-16 03:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaonaro (Post 2982068)

Of course Muaz it is your right and you are absolutely free to do with the site as you see fit. We are indeed thankful to you for giving us this space for free for all this time. For me personally, I became acquainted with the SDB in 1997 and joined it in 2000. Since then it has always been a very interesting, instructive, funny and amusing place that I visited almost daily. It helped me know a lot of interesting people, learn a lot of facts and enjoy a lot of what people shared in it. I will personally miss it greatly.

I have one question though, what is to become of the forum's archives? All the threads and posts that are there now, I hope you will make them available to us somehow. If that is not possible for any reason, could you please give us some time to copy and back-up the posts that we need to save? Some sort of notice to "pack our stuff and leave". :lool:

كلام يا عوض دكام

والله دموعى جرت يا كاو

MakilNeem 12-Oct-16 09:22

Thanks a lot for the time you gave us.
Thanks a lot for the place you gave us.

Along the previous years we really learnt a lot from this forum.

Please let's know before shutting down.
At least to have a chance to collect our 'things'
:p

tikaina 12-Oct-16 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unconscious Lady (Post 2982081)
كلام يا عوض دكام

والله دموعى جرت يا كاو

😨

هسا كلام سلطان دا 'بعد يتفهم' مااابرضو ببكى
غايتو جنكم سلطة و مدراء

😃

muaz 12-Oct-16 14:17

Dear all and thanks for the compliments. I do plan to archive the post and have them available before I release the domains. There will be a notification with enough time before I release the domains.

I am hoping they fall into the hands of someone who can give it the time and effort that the forum and site deserves.

Thanks,
Muaz Ataalsid

Hind 12-Oct-16 20:18

thanks muaz you're giving up on us :D

well first the potential buyer must be first and foremost sudanese and must have IT helpers to manage site glitches

They must have NO political agenda.
and must pass our mosad style cross examination for 40 days and 40 nights

the moderator elections are overdue as well

i recommend Dr_Moe :clap::clap: for new site owner, we can all donate something
also how much does it cost anyway?

kaonaro 15-Oct-16 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hind (Post 2982159)

well first the potential buyer must be first and foremost sudanese and must have IT helpers to manage site glitches

:eek: :eek:

Who is the owner of the site here and who is the member?
:eek:

"you MUST do this .. and you MUST do that .. and this MUST be like this..."

Haven't you ever heard of words like "please", "should" or "could"?

Who gave you the right to dictate your conditions on the guy?!!

And .. who said this domain was still going to be a Sudanese forum in the first place?

You sure sound like a very spoiled child admonishing his/her parents and telling them what they should and shouldn't do!

:roll:

غريب الداار 20-Oct-16 14:16

Dear Mr. Muaaz
I wish you luck and success
i was pleased and Judy between
brothers loved ones
:geek:

Hatim Hwary 21-Oct-16 14:02

Dear Muaz
Please do your best to keep archives and posts available to google machines.
Otherwise tell us before enough time to save as much as we can.
Thanking you again

هرقل 23-Oct-16 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sultan (Post 2982070)
Muaz,

Too bad, but I can’t exactly feign surprise. The website (forum included) has suffered from persistent underinvestment, which disincentivized participation particularly the issue of searchable/recoverable archive and governance. When you add the emergence of more personal and interactive media you could see the perfect storm on the horizon.

Many thanks for providing the service for as long as you did.

Be kind enough and let us know who is actually going to buy you out just in case that poses a hazard to some members here!

عجبني ليك يا المقوووووووووت

:jump:

هرقل 23-Oct-16 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hind (Post 2982159)

:clap::clap::jump::jump::clap::clap:

Hamada_Rasta 24-Oct-16 20:38

Thank you and the best of luck Muaz.

alkoj 26-Oct-16 17:10

Dear Muaz,

Many thanks for the great years that we spent in here,

God bless you and good luck where ever you go,

salam

كمساري 08-Apr-17 17:36

اليك الله شوووف بالله
بيت البكاء ده فاتنا كيف
:lool::lool:

swa-swa 14-Apr-17 21:21

Thanks, brother Muaz for giving me this chance.
I expressed freely my ideas over many years.